This is one of those cookies that you taste and seek the recipe for – immediately!
I love cardamom and I love lemon- so when I saw this recipe I went for it.
- 9 ounces all purpose flour (about 1 3/4 cups), sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest of 4 Meyer lemons
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place flour, cardamom,baking powder,lemon zest and salt into bowl
- and mix together with whip, then set aside.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar together until creamy and very smooth.
- This is a very important step- don’t stint on it- use a mixer if necessary but
- the light texture of the cookies is dependent on this step!
- Scrape down the bowl and add eggs, one at a time , beating well after each one, then add the vanilla and mix well.
- Scoop the cookies out into small balls and roll in powdered sugar and place on cooking sheet lined with parchment paper – about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden but not quite brown.
Cool on rack and store in air fast container.